Monday, December 10, 2007

Winter L4 work on TT bike - yes or no?

I'm of the opinion that alternating from road bike to TT bike for my weekly 45-min power test is a good way to improve my power on the TT bike for spring. And even if my power is slightly lower in TT position, I think I still get great benefit from a physiological perspective.

A few contributors to Google Wattage and a friend of mine have very different opinions. They say that I'm wasting my time by riding the TT bike in December when I should be using every valuable minute of L4 winter training to increase road bike FTP. They say I should be on my road bike for every L4 workout until February.

I think I'm going to be stubborn and continue to do every other week in TT position because I think the benefits outweigh the costs. If you have an opinion, enter it into the poll on the upper right corner of the blog.

1 Comment:

Rich W said...

specificity, specificity, specificity....If you want to do well in TT's you gotta train in that position. L4 training is L4 training, it's all good. I think you'll find that your TT bike FTP will eventually equal your road's.