The most significant changes from my 2008 and 2009 plans are:
- A greater emphasis on macroperiodization -- base1, base2, et cetera as shown below.
- An increase from 425 training hours per year to 505 training hours per year.
- A greater emphasis on weekly microperiodization (rest weeks following work weeks).
- Re-introduction of strength training. I lifted for 10 weeks in winter 2007/2008.
- Strength maintenance work throughout the season.
By May I'll know once and for all if Friel's philosophy works.