Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Slow Pace Pose running and a little beagle

Yesterday was my longest Pose method run yet, 5.75 miles. I took it really easy and ran with Betty Jean. I'm sure it't partially mental and partially physical, but it seems to be getting gradually easier. However, my average heartrate was higher than expected based on pre-pose method running data. That may be due to the very slow pace (9:11 min/mi) or the fact that I was about 4 pounds heavy from all the Christmas food.

My next 'experiment' will be to do a pose run at about 7 min/mi. That will give me data across a large spectrum. It would not surprise me to find that the pose method is less efficient for me at 8:30 pace and slower, and more efficient at 7:30 pace and faster, and about the same from 7:30 to 8:30 pace as heel-striking.

We (Betty Jean and I) picked up a passenger on our run yesterday. At about mile 1 on Jordan Road, we found a young beagle that was about to starve and/or freeze to death. Of course, we had to drive back to get it after the run. It's beginning to eat and drink now, and I think we've found a home for it. Tim says he's been looking for a dog -- now he has one!

0 Comments: