Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Time Trial Pacing

I've always read how important it is to pace properly in TTs. My last two FTP tests on the Cervelo are hard evidence of that fact.

Two weeks ago, I started out too hard. My first 5 minutes I averaged almost 300 watts. I ended up averaging 251 watts over 45 minutes and was completely exhausted at the end - I didn't even have a good finishing kick.

Last night I started out correctly. My first 5 minutes I averaged 263 watts. I ended up averaging 265 watts over 45 minutes. I felt better throughout the test and had a very strong finishing 5 minute push.

My motivation was pretty low last night, so I attribute the entire wattage increase to proper pacing.

2 Comments:

Rich W said...

If you're doing these inside make sure you've got a monster fan to keep you cool...overheating is definitely a factor on the trainer.

I just bought a 20" "Air King" fan from amazon and it's gale force (and super quiet)...but $80

Pefruma said...

Lovely blog you have hhere