I'm of the opinion that alternating from road bike to TT bike for my weekly 45-min power test is a good way to improve my power on the TT bike for spring. And even if my power is slightly lower in TT position, I think I still get great benefit from a physiological perspective.
A few contributors to Google Wattage and a friend of mine have very different opinions. They say that I'm wasting my time by riding the TT bike in December when I should be using every valuable minute of L4 winter training to increase road bike FTP. They say I should be on my road bike for every L4 workout until February.
I think I'm going to be stubborn and continue to do every other week in TT position because I think the benefits outweigh the costs. If you have an opinion, enter it into the poll on the upper right corner of the blog.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Winter L4 work on TT bike - yes or no?
Posted by Robert Jordan at 4:36 PM
Labels: FTP, testing, time trial, training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
specificity, specificity, specificity....If you want to do well in TT's you gotta train in that position. L4 training is L4 training, it's all good. I think you'll find that your TT bike FTP will eventually equal your road's.
Post a Comment