Friday, October 19, 2007

Avoiding Zone 3 Syndrome

This is good stuff:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=5392&status=True

Riding Peach Peloton on Saturday is great training -- but mix it up on the other six days of the week so you don't get in a rut.

The base phase of my winter training specifies 3-5 hrs of L3 (tempo) riding on Saturdays. But then I have a couple of hours of dirt L2 on Sunday, a little L1 on Monday just to get the blood flowing to help recovery, some L4 training/testing on Tuesday, L2 on Wednesday, L7 on Thursday, and rest on Friday. (See the plan in "New 2008 Training Schedule" in the September archives).

If I do it correctly, I'll be ready to include L5 and L6 workouts later in the winter when I've finished concentrating on FTP development.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Robert, I happened to Google my article Zone 3 Syndrome and I saw your post. Thanks for reading and spreading the word!

Josh